Located in downtown Cleveland, Spieth, Bell, McCurdy & Newell provides comprehensive counseling for issues relating to multi-generational wealth. Not only do our practice areas support that service, but they also act independently to serve our clients’ needs. In general, we provide counseling, representation and services regarding:
- Estate planning
- Trusts and trust administration
- Probate and estate administration
- Representing and counseling fiduciaries such as trustees, executors and administrators
- Charitable planning and giving
- Tax law planning and preparation
- Business law
- Real estate
We value the close lawyer-client relationships, independence, and autonomous character of a smaller firm while having the capabilities and resources of a large firm. Our firm’s shareholders have controlled the firm’s growth to ensure that our clients will continue to have each attorney’s personal attention and efforts. We work with a wide variety of clients including individuals, families, family offices, trust companies, individual trustees, law firms, insurance companies, entrepreneurs and their closely-held businesses. Through continued personal attention and involvement in the activities of our clients, we have gained the in-depth understanding necessary to prevent or resolve issues and plan for the future.
Some of our firm’s most notable accomplishments include:
- Our firm is named as a “Tier 1” Cleveland law firm in U.S. News & World Report for Trusts and Estates law
- Eight of our attorneys are listed in the 2012 edition of “Cleveland’s Top Rated Lawyers”
- Several of our attorneys are on the 2013 list of “The Best Lawyers in America”
- Eight of our attorneys have an “AV” rating, the highest rating given by Martindale-Hubbell
- Several of our attorneys are on the 2013 list of “Ohio Super Lawyers”
- Our firm is accredited by the Better Business Bureau and currently has an “A+” rating
- Several of our attorneys are listed in “Who’s Who in American Law 2011-2012”
The lawyers of Spieth, Bell, McCurdy & Newell have served their profession and community in a variety of ways. Our attorneys have served as speakers, officers, chairpersons, board members, and committee members of the Cleveland Metropolitan Bar Association (CMBA), Ohio State Bar Association (OSBA), American College of Trust and Estate Counsel (ACTEC), Cleveland Tax Institute, various Estate Planning Councils, Cleveland Estate Planning Institute, University of Miami Heckerling Estate Planning Institute, Notre Dame Estate Planning Institute, and The Marvin Pliskin Institute of the Ohio State Bar Association. Our attorneys also serve on the boards of many and diverse non-profit organizations. They also volunteer their time and legal expertise for organizations such as the Legal Aid Society of Cleveland.
Lawyers of the firm are licensed to practice law in Ohio, Pennsylvania, New Jersey, Florida, U.S. Tax Court and various federal courts.